Wednesday, May 6, 2009

One Year Ends and We Plan the Next One

I'm very excited to go to the Christian Homeschool Association of Pennsylvania's (CHAP) convention this weekend. Technically, I wouldn't have to go, because the curriculum we use has to be mail ordered, and I know several people who do not go to this convention. However, I have found that I NEED to go to the convention each year because it helps to revive me and get me geared up for the next year.

People come from surrounding states to attend this convention, which takes place in Harrisburg, PA. There are many guest speakers who hold seminars throughout the two day convention. These sessions are great and very helpful. They have something for everyone in every aspect of homeschooling. They have seminars for those who are just beginning their homeschool journey, seminars for people who are teaching their children who have special needs, seminars about what is going on in the political and legal arena in regards to homeschooling, seminars on homeschooling through high school, seminars on how to prepare for college and what college path is the right one for your child(ren), and seminars about history, disciplining children, etc. all according to God's word. If you attend some seminars it is easy to be rejuvenated and re-exhilarated for the coming school year.

Then there's the huge room filled with stands of vendors with all of their resources. There are hundreds of them. It can be very overwhelming to the newbies, but it is so much fun for those of us who've been doing it for a while. We plan and put money away for months in preparation for this. I will be there all day Friday and Saturday, and each and every year I find that I know more and more people who attend. It's exciting and pleasing to see the hundreds, maybe a thousand or more, who come to participate.

Who knows, if you're a homeschooler, maybe I'll see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment